There really is no reason for the love island picture being this cover photo, but it made me happy so I won’t apologise!
I have a confession… a big, fat hideous confession.
Recently I’ve been experiencing baby fever in its highest heights. All of my waking days are filled with how my day would feel better if I was pregnant, if I had a baby to love and protect and keep any kind of badness away from.
But listen up those of ya’ll that don’t ever want kids! I am not saying that these things fulfil your life more. Because your life is perfectly fulfilled if you’re living it exactly how you wish to live it, but right here right now, my ovaries are being pesky little buggers and knocking my baby fever on high.
But here’s the thing that I have to keep reminding myself whenever I get bouts of baby fever: one week I can’t stop thinking about noodles, the next I can’t stop thinking about Nandos. I then might have a whole damn month where I can’t stop dreaming about seeing every country in the whole world, followed by another of having cramping baby fever.
But it will pass, I get all sorts of cravings come and go and whether or not my body tries to fight me on the fact that this one is extraordinary, its going to pass, just like the other ones do too!
Am I crazy for babies consuming so many of my thoughts right now? No, I don’t think I am. Animals get broody, people get broody, it’s a feeling that has gone on longer than I have and that makes me feel okay in this. As much as I’m yearning for this right now, I know that it will pass and that I just need to keep myself in check.
Even if meeting little beauties like Layla Rae send me doolally…
Checking in with myself!!!!!
- I can’t remember the last time I wore a pair of tights without holes in them
- I’m temping and have absolutely no idea what I want to do with my life
- I know that I am nowhere near done spending as much money as possible on travel
- And meaningless shit tbh
- I’ve already had a panic attack today about how I’m going to save how much I need in a short space of time – let alone paying for a baby
- I live in my partners folks house
- Wine is life
- I get random urges to take huge bites of food from someone elses place and what if I finally do it in front of my kid and then my kid becomes a phantom food off of other peoples plate biter?
- I love getting drunk
- I love lying in
- I have stage 9 anxiety over everything and nothing
- I am not ready to be a mum…even if sometimes I desperately want to be.
To help me along the way with getting over my broodiness before I have a tantrum until my partner agree’s to have a baby I thought I’d put a big SOS in one of my groups on Facebook and ask the girls to help me not want a baby right now… some of the results were 12/10 hilarious:
1. Go and eat at a restaurant on kids night!
2. Remember the last time your pet had explosive diarrhoea all night and imagine if it was a child!
3. Google on average how many diapers a baby goes through a day and then look up the cost of diapers and do the math for a year!
4. Google “poop up back baby”
5. I used to crave my own googoogaga but then I started working in a school. Nope nope nope my ovaries snapped shut!
6. Watch one born every minute, you definitely won’t want one then!
7. The average cost of a child per year in the US is $16,200. Catch flights, not baby fever!
THIS GIF STILL APPLIES.. DON’T JUDGE ME!
8. No booze for 9 months!
9. Watch a live birth video!
10. No sushi, coffee, or booze for 9 months and of that isn’t enough your body and vagina will never be the same!
So that’s it really, I thought I’d post this to try and help any other broody ladies get to understand their feelings!
Make babies, don’t make babies, do you boo, just don’t feel bad about feeling certain things that your body makes you feel!